Senior Solutions Architect
Company: Converge Technology Solutions
Posted on: January 12, 2022
Position summary: Designs, implements and supports Enterprise
Business Intelligence, Planning, and Cognitive analytics
Initiatives. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and
accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks which include:
building reporting systems and analysis systems, data management,
project leadership, "hands on" software development, and defining
functional specificationsJob Requirements:Position
- Work with your business users to determine what are the key
business measures which are directly related to company
performance, as well as what specific individuals are responsible
for them, such as disparate measures as on time delivery score for
a specific route, assembly line down time for specific machines,
on-line sales for a specific product line, or rejection rate for
incoming product received by a specific vendor.
- Assemble metrics in linked hierarchies and allowing business
leadership to explore the underlying elements which contribute to
the performance to assess and implement corrections that are
causing unacceptable results.
- Using effective metrics management tools to assess measurements
critical to the business and track down the source of
- Identify problematic areas of the organization.
- Creates & delivers numerous reporting applications, to assist
in the development of BI Best, Practices, Performed, including IBM
Cognos product upgrades, reseller of IBM Cognos products to
- Provided training and mentoring, and has acted as trusted
advisor to Business Intelligence Leadership.
- Provides full BI Report Development Services from Business
Analysis and the formation of requirements through report writing,
data access, user experience, and validation of results.
- Works with individuals at all levels of customer's organization
including, but not limited to, the business stakeholders, users,
technologists and the leadership of the Business Intelligence
- Works with internal LCS staff to quote, order and invoice
- Tracks time off/expenses in ERP Software System.
- Performs other related duties as assigned Essential skills and
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Science, Computer Science,
Information Systems, or a related discipline or related field.
- Minimum of five years of experience in the field, of which:
three years must be on large scale BI projects, in a software
consulting capacity; three years must be with Cognos Business
Intelligence, including Data Modeling (Framework Manager and/or
Impromptu Catalogs), Report Writing (Report Studio, and or
Impromptu), Analysis Tools (Analysis Studio and/or PowerPlay), and
Data Management (Data Manager and/or Decision Stream); three years
must be with SQL on enterprise databases (SQL Server and/or
- Ability to travel overnight approximately one week per month at
very short notice based on clients' needs; and the ability to
commute to assignments across Eastern Massachusetts and Rhode
- Possess a strong knowledge with a variety of the field's
concepts, practices and procedures.
- Continuously maintain and upgrade self-knowledge of industry,
market and related products/solutions.
- Ability to think strategically, process information logically
and solve problems.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Keywords: Converge Technology Solutions, Providence , Senior Solutions Architect, Other , Lincoln, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!