System Administration Specialist
Company: Amica Mutual Insurance Company
Posted on: January 16, 2022
System Administration Specialist (Corporate Information Systems
25 Amica Way
Lincoln, RI 02865Want to turn your IT expertise into customer
The feeling is mutual.Our Lincoln, RI office is seeking a System
Administration Specialist who will implement, configure, monitor
and support operating system software, hardware and vendor software
on all platforms.This position will be eligible for two remote work
days per week.Responsibilities:
- Implement, configure, upgrade and maintain Software Products
infrastructure, hardware and software, and associated vendor
software on all platforms to support business requirements at an
optimum level. This includes capacity planning analysis to project
- Utilize hardware and software tools to monitor and control the
performance, reliability and availability of System Administration
resources. This includes the identification, diagnosis and
resolution of operating system anomalies.
- Develop, implement and test backup and recovery procedures for
critical System Administration resources.
- Work alongside vendors to implement technical solutions and
diagnose system malfunctions/disruptions.
- Perform risk and impact analysis to the Software Products
technology stack as a result of projects or changes.
- Assist in developing standards and documentation for systems
and administration functions.
- Apply an engineering mindset to solve complex system and
- Provide coverage and support of the operating system
environment and act as technical point of contact to support staff,
development teams, and business partners.
- Conduct research and attends training and/or industry seminars
to stay abreast of current and emerging technologies and apply
learnings to improve the technology environment.Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 7 years' experience or, an
equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
- Must have experience with the deployment, configuration,
integration, and administration of systems in a hybrid cloud
- Must possess excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution
- Must have the ability to work independently and as part of a
- Ability to develop, support, and modify scripts using
- Ability to effectively break down, prioritize and manage
multiple competing tasks independently.
- Ability to identify challenges and risks to the completion of
- Ability to communicate effectively at the team, area, and
- Experience with the administration and support of BMC Control
products, BMC Remedy, IBM MQ, or Data Insight a plus.
- Must possess a commitment to continuous learning.Perks and
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term
disability, and life insurance
- Generous retirement benefits
- Opportunities for advancement in a successful and growing
companyAbout AmicaAmica Mutual Insurance Company is America's
oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer,
Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life
Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life
insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the
principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring
relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a
mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and
support.Equal Opportunity Policy: All qualified applicants who are
authorized to work in the United States will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation,
family status, ethnicity, age, national origin, ancestry, physical
and/or mental disability, mental condition, military status,
genetic information or any other class protected by law. The Age
Discrimination in Employment Act prohibits discrimination on the
basis of age with respect to individuals who are 40 years of age or
older. Employees are subject to the provisions of the Workers'
Keywords: Amica Mutual Insurance Company, Providence , System Administration Specialist, Other , Lincoln, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!