Machine Operator - 2nd Shift
Company: Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co.
Posted on: May 14, 2022
Metals USA is seeking experienced & proficient machine operators
in Seekonk MA (Providence RI Suburb). Metals USA is a solid, growth
oriented, carbon steel (plate, beam and tube) distribution center
servicing the defense, commercial, construction, aerospace and
* Sets up burning machine, selects proper burning tip, sets gas
flow and machine feed rates, location of cutting, lines dimensions,
tolerances, operational sequences and uses gauges, calipers,
squares, rulers for measurement.
* Sets up and aligns specified material or other fixtures in
machine bed using gauges, templates, shims or hand tools.
* Chooses correct material for the job according to work order.
Inspects plates for thickness, length, width, heat number, grade
specification and color code.
* Coordinates and executes material handling to be processed
including operation of overhead crane.
* Reviews CAD drawings, work orders, tooling instructions or other
* Performs quality control inspections on finished product; for
* Stacks, bands and palletizes finished products for shipment.
* Performs the duties of a warehouse worker to include operating a
forklift & overhead crane.
* High School/Technical School Graduate with basic English reading
& writing comprehension
* Basic arithmetic skills to calculate & convert decimals and
* Basic measuring skills to read English & Metric systems and a
tape measure, caliper or micrometer.
* Experience of operating an overhead crane, forklift, hand tools
and common shop machinery
* Valid OSHA Forklift & Overhead Crane Certificates preferred
If interested, please forward your resume to:
Metals USA offers a competitive starting salary and benefits plus
upward mobility professional growth. EOE, Affirmative Action
Keywords: Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co., Providence , Machine Operator - 2nd Shift, Other , Seekonk, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!