Senior Upstream Manufacturing Associate
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: May 14, 2022
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific,
you'll do important work. Things like helping customers in finding
cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our
food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be
supported in achieving your career goals. You'll also have the
opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that
empowers your development. To help us to further develop the
capability at our Plainville manufacturing site, we are seeking
high energy individuals to join our growing team.
Location / Division / Shift
At Viral Vector Services (VVS) a division of Thermo Fisher
Scientific we deliver, from process development through commercial
supply, we offer the expertise and resources necessary to help
clients deliver innovative gene therapies. Placed in the forefront
of our leading- and cutting-edge Cell and Gene Therapy business
enabling clients to cure genetic, rare, and otherwise untreatable
* 5 Commerce Boulevard Plainville, MA
* Day Shift Schedule: 12-Hour Rotating Shift (2/2/3 format)
* Note: Rotating schedule starts once plant is in production
How will you make an impact?
The Senior Manufacturing Associate is an associate with a moderate
to high level of technical expertise and experience. A Senior
Manufacturing Associate will independently perform routine
operations commensurate with their experience and training. They
support the day to day operation of a cGMP Manufacturing facility
and improvement projects. They participate in the training of other
associates and works with the team to complete tasks as
For this we pay a very competitive base salary and benefits
What will you do?
* Act as a high-level technician on the floor performing basic to
complex activities to include passages, wave reactor, bioreactor,
transfection and clarification.
* Follow written procedures in operating production equipment and
performing processing steps.
* Complete aseptic operations within biosafety cabinet and
* Accurately document activities in Batch Records, Logbooks, Forms,
etc using good documentation practices.
* Identify and call out events and subtle variances that deviate
from normal operation.
* Act as an SME and trainer on some operations.
* Support investigations as needed.
* Monitor processes using automated production systems and controls
with limited supervision.
How will you get there?
* High School Diploma/GED is the minimum requirement.
STEM/Biotechnology certificate preferred.
* 3 years of industry experience, an equivalent combination of
education and experience may be considered.
* Experience with working in clean or sterile environments,
* Ability to follow directions & procedures and work in team
* Strong communication skills (both verbal and written).
* Strong attention to detail and strive to accomplish the job
timely, accurately, and safely the first time is required.
* Good comprehension of Microsoft Office Suite software.
While performing the duties of this job, the associate:
* Must have the ability to aseptically gown into the Manufacturing
* Will be regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle,
or feel; reach with hands and arms; sit and to talk or hear.
* Will be required to walk and stoop, or kneel, crouch.
* May be required to lift, push, or pull up to 50 lbs.
* Will be expected to meet the specific vision abilities required
by this job which include close vision and ability to adjust focus
* Will be required to work a 12-hour rotating shift in a 24- hour,
7 day per week operation to include weekends and holidays
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 90,000 extraordinary
minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our
singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and safer.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Providence , Senior Upstream Manufacturing Associate, Other , Plainville, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!