Company: Rhode Island Quality Institute
Posted on: June 20, 2022
We are seeking a detail-oriented, independent thinker that will
reduce risk and bring accountability to our contract management
process while supporting our goal in improving health and
healthcare in the RI Community.WHAT WE DO:The Rhode Island Quality
Institute operates Rhode Island's Health Information Exchange (HIE)
and is the state-designated Regional Health Information
Organization (RHIO). We are a center for collaborative innovation
that enables the best healthcare in Rhode Island making available
trusted data and information. With a wide array of services
available, we facilitate improvements in health and healthcare
through initiatives that support care coordination, reduce medical
errors and waste, advance quality measurement, and engage patients
and families in their care.Consider joining RIQI today! We have
proudly been recognized as a Best Place to Work in RI and foster a
culture that embraces our core values of Transparency, Innovation,
Reliability, Accountability, and Making a Difference. RIQI BENEFITS
- $1,000 sign-on bonus
- Work from home opportunity; flexible work schedule
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off, Sick Time, and Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Matching
- Life Insurance and Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Plan
- And more!WHAT YOU WILL DO:The Contract Administrator position
is responsible for the administration of a high volume of
day-to-day contracts for the organization. The incumbent will focus
on triaging contract workflow and managing the signature process,
as well as provide contract support to internal departments to
ensure all contracts are addressed and managed through The Rhode
Island Quality Institute's (RIQI) Contract Management System. This
position reduces the risk to RIQI by bringing discipline,
consistency, control, and accountability to RIQI's contract
- Serves as the primary administrator for RIQI's Contract
Management System (Terzo), tracking contracts, contract approvals,
executions, as well as creating and generating reports on contract
- Supports the organization in the timely drafting, negotiation,
and execution of contracts and amendments for clients, vendors,
stakeholder engagement initiatives, leasing transactions, etc.
- Answers general contract questions by providing simplified
contract/agreement interpretation to RIQI internal customers.
- Maintains contract database for internal use and reference, to
include contact information, contract value, expiration dates, and
special terms and conditions ensuring that authorized personnel can
access the terms and conditions of relevant contracts.
- Maintains contract files to ensure compliance with
requirements, administration of vendor files, certificates of
insurance, W-9s, SAM.gov registrations, amendments, or other
- Assists in the preparation of bids or requests for proposals
(RFPs), including specifications and requirements; negotiates
contract terms and participates in the determination of acceptable
- Ensures that contract, procurement, pricing standards are
maintained throughout RIQI organization and that all contract
changes are formally reviewed and approved by outside legal counsel
and RIQI stakeholders.
- Monitors contracts and manages extensions, amendments, renewal
of contracts, or notifications as required.
- Maintains and supports a consistent strategy with the Senior
Director of Finance and outside legal counsel on standard terms and
conditions, Master Service Agreements, Business Associate
Agreements, other RIQI-authored agreements, and other contractual
terms and conditions.
- Tracks all correspondence and authorizations to maintain
detailed and accurate files.
- Supports regular business reviews (e.g., under-performing or
- Responds and provides accurate and timely status updates as
- Develops, interprets, and disseminates contract specific
performance reporting and trend analysis in a timely manner,
leveraging the reporting available through the contract management
system, and producing customized contract reporting as
- Supports RIQI departments in the development of RFP/contract
responses and coordination of the contract document
- Protects and manages the value and data integrity of the
contract management database.
- Creates, maintains, and fosters strong working relationships
with staff and vendors.
- Performs other related duties and special projects as
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, or
- Minimum three years' relevant work experience in the areas of
Contract Administration or Sales Support/Operations.
- Knowledge of contract administration principles, contracts, and
the application of contract administration including legal terms
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365, including Excel, Word,
PowerPoint, and SharePoint. Desired Qualifications
- High-level organizational skills and attention to detail,
ability to effectively manage risk and resolve conflicts,
understand contractual terms and conditions, and ability to
prioritize time-sensitive tasks with tight deadlines.
- Strong problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Highly proactive with strong attention to detail and
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Healthcare background desirable.
- Paralegal experience is a plus.RIQI is an equal opportunity
employer that values diversity, equity, inclusion, and
Keywords: Rhode Island Quality Institute, Providence , Contract Administrator, Other , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!