Operations Supervisor- Providence
Company: Badger Daylighting
Posted on: June 22, 2022
Operations Supervisor- Providence - (220438)
The Operations Supervisor reports to the Area Manager and is an
integral part of the operations leadership. The operations
supervisor is responsible for many aspects of the day-to-day
operations including but not limited to ensuring the operators
follow proper safety protocol, on-boarding and training new
operators, and customer service to clients.
- Assist with dispatching units and schedule projects on a daily
- Communicate with clients, with a customer service focus on a
- Assist with project related biddings and proposal.
- Supports and improved business development on a daily
- Reviewing operator's daily paperwork (Daily trip ticket, FLRA,
- Ensure that operators are following Badger's maintenance
- Deliver of material to the units in the field if required.
- Assist and support with monthly safety meeting which includes
preparing the agenda.
- Perform daily onsite safety inspections.
Experience, Qualifications & Education
- Previous experience required in one of the following areas:o
Vacuum, Pump Trucks
o Commercial Underground Construction
o Oil and Gas
o Underground Utility
o Equipment Rental
o Trucking / Fleet Management
- Valid CDL preferred
- Supervisory experience required
- Mechanical skills preferred
- Sales experience preferred
- Computer skills and strong organizational skills required, with
a preference for Oracle or similar system.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a positive
attitude and a willingness to take on new challenges.
- The person in this position will need to be a team leader and
the ability to relate well to a wide variety of people (field and
- Must have a professional approach to business.Physical Demands
- Must be able to hear and distinguish emergency signals and
instructions while on duty.
- Must be able to repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat,
kneel, reach and crawl.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in all outdoor elements for extended
periods of time.
- Confined Space Entry may be required to accomplish tasks for
some clients when applicable.
- Must be cleared to wear Personal Protective Equipment
- Must be able to climb ladders, and work from stationary
platforms from elevated heights.
- Must be capable of working extended hours and variable
Will be required to successfully complete pre-employment screening,
which includes criminal background check, credit check, MVR
history, drug and alcohol test, and a physical (COT & Non-DOT). We
also require supervisory references and education verification.
Badger Daylighting, and its parent company Badger Infrastructure
Solutions Ltd. (TSX:BDGI), is North America's largest provider of
non-destructive excavating services. We work for contractors and
facility owners in a broad range of infrastructure industries,
including energy generation, electricity and natural gas
transmission networks, roads and highways, telecommunications,
water and sewage treatment and general municipal infrastructure.Our
key technology is the Badger HydrovacTM, which is used primarily
for safe excavation around critical infrastructure and in congested
underground conditions. The Badger Hydrovac uses a pressurized
water stream to liquefy the soil cover, which is then removed with
a powerful vacuum system and deposited into a storage tank. Badger
manufactures and designs our truck-mounted hydrovac units, giving
us the opportunity to incorporate feedback from our hydrovac
operators into existing and future design and manufacturing
processes.Badger Daylighting offers competitive salary, an
incredible work environment, training and career advancement
opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefit program which
includes Health, Dental, Disability, Life, Employer Matching
Retirement Savings Program and Vacation / Paid Time Off.Thank you
for your interest in this position. Badger Daylighting is an Equal
Opportunity Employer.Internal applicants are reminded to discuss
their intention to apply with their supervisor before submitting an
Primary Location: US-RI-ProvidenceJob: ManagementOrganization:
Badger Daylighting CorpSchedule: Full-time
Keywords: Badger Daylighting, Providence , Operations Supervisor- Providence, Other , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!