Part-time Wings Station Attendant at Providence College
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Location: US-RI-PROVIDENCESystem ID: 840189Category: Food
ServiceEmployment Status: Part-TimeUnit Name: PROVIDENCE
COLLEGE-RAYMONDUnit Contact: Target Hourly Rate: 17.36UNIT
DESCRIPTIONBe the most popular person on campus! Part-time Wings
Station AttendantFriday - Monday 3:30pm-9:45pm23 hours per week
Position SummaryThe Food Prep Helper works primarily in the kitchen
supporting the production of food products. The main function is to
assist in the preparation of foodstuffs. Cleans and sanitizes work
stations and production equipment. The general responsibilities of
the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify
other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may
differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client
- Reads recipes and/or product directions.
- Estimates food requirements.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix,
wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, seasons and knead foodstuffs
for cooking, serving and storing.
- Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and
properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature
requirements and spoilage.
- Inspects workstations for compliance with service
- Keeps records and requisition for supplies/equipment as
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all
Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- May taste test products.
- May have basic cooking responsibilities, i.e., cook vegetables,
chicken for salads.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 0 to 1 more years of related work experience.Skills/Aptitude:
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer.
- Basic food handling skills.Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
employer.Benefits EligibilityPart Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we
believe every employee should have the resources to be their best.
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits like paid time
off, financial and savings programs and access to our employee
assistance program and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit
and may not be available to all employees).
Keywords: Sodexo, Providence , Part-time Wings Station Attendant at Providence College, Other , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!