Meat Clerk-Part Time
Company: BJ's Wholesale Club
Posted on: August 5, 2022
Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our
home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We're
committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members,
helping them save every day on everything they need for their
family and home. BJ's Wholesale Club offers a collaborative,
team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow
and excel. -Job SummaryReceives, rotates, wraps, and merchandises
fresh and processed meats. Assists in merchandising seafood,
rotisserie chickens, prepared foods, and cheeses. Provides
assistance to Members by answering questions and recommending
products. Maintains all cleaning and safety standards within the
meat department. Team Members:
- Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned.
Support the application of club policies, procedures and
- We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves accountable
. - - -
- Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in
mind to address any and all concerns and to escalate any concerns,
as appropriate. -
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with
collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
- Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
- Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.Members:
- Deliver service excellence through all points of contact. -
- Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, CleanClub Standards: Work as a team
to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside and outKnow your Business:
- Understand how to access and read production and/or financial
performance reporting for your department
- See the connection between consistent execution and the
positive impact it can have on the business Major Tasks,
Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Provides assistance to Members by answering questions regarding
meats, poultry, and seafood. Makes recommendations on food products
- Weighs, packages, wraps, and labels cuts of meat, poultry, and
seafood, including grinds. Assists the meat cutter in packaging
freshly cut meats and seafood. May grind hamburger meat.
- Inspects and stores meat upon delivery. Ensures that all
delivered meat meets or exceeds company quality standards.
- Ensures the meat, seafood, prepared foods, and cheese cases are
fully stocked. Rotates meats, poultry, seafood, prepared foods, and
cheeses according to expiration dates. Follows established
guidelines when disposing of damaged and/or expired products.
- Receives and unpacks meat, poultry, seafood, prepared foods,
and cheeses in the meat cooler and freezer.
- Cleans and sanitizes all equipment, display fixtures, and areas
in the meat department, including the meat cooler, freezer, and
refrigerated display cases.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other
departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function
of this job. Qualifications
- Previous experience working with fresh and processed meats
- Knowledge of automatic/hand wrapping machines preferred.
- Prior experience working in a meat and/or deli department
- At least 18 years of age. - - - - - - * Must have night time
and weekend availability. Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about frequently on hard
surfaces. There may be a need to occasionally position oneself to
examine or scan merchandise, including bending, handling, pulling,
reaching, and/or stooping.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May
require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than
30 pounds with assistance.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area with infrequent exposure
to temperature extremes and loud noises. There may be occasional
exposure to cleaning agents.
Keywords: BJ's Wholesale Club, Providence , Meat Clerk-Part Time, Other , Seekonk, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!