Head of Injection Molding
Company: igus Inc.
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Our client, IGUS Inc., one of the world's leading manufacturers in
the industrial cable management arena, is a global company founded
in Germany, with its US HQ located in Rumford, RI. The company
produces industrial cable management cable carrier systems,
bearings, linear technology and more products in a highly
customized, customer centric and hence cellular and flexible
production environment. The highly successful and rapidly growing
US Organization, with currently about 500 employees, is looking for
an Head of Injection Molding for its manufacturing/assembly
business. This position is located at the Rumford, RI plant. The
details about the company and products can be found here:
Position The Head of Injection Molding is responsible for
setting-up and supporting the infrastructure for a newly created
injection molding production. In this compelling and exciting role,
you will be given the opportunity to draw from your experience in
leading and training high performing process engineering teams to
streamline injection molding operations. Manage the process
engineering team in an international environment and take
responsibility for establishing, controlling, and improving new and
existing injection molding processes.
Your high-energy level, strategic mindset, openness, and ambition
to become a key component for the company's ambitious growth
strategy are most valued.
This position is within in a highly collaborative environment and
requires a hands-on personality as well as superior team management
and communication skills.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES
- Setting up and supporting the infrastructure for new production
(in corporation with igus HQ in Cologne, Germany).
- Provide technical support for the day-to-day production
- Establish, control, and improve new and existing injection
- Manage a team of process technicians and process
- Implement, manage & oversee continuous improvement initiatives
on the plant floor.
- Investigate tooling, equipment, and material improvements to
improve uptime, throughput, and quality.
- Establish effective working relationships with multiple
departments to maximize project management success.
- Develop and maintain process documentation, ensure that
accurate documentation is provided at all times.
- Train production personnel on new and revised processes.
- Ensure new satellite facility is up to standard and code.
- Work with quality and operations personnel to ensure ISO
- Machine and Tool maintenance
EDUCATIONAL AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree, Electronic or Mechanical / Industrial
- 3-5 years in a management role with strong customer focus and
ability to lead teams
- 5-7+ years of hands-on experience in injection molding with
in-depth knowledge of plastic processing, machinery, and equipment,
including robots (automation)
- Track record of training and developing high-performing teams
to succeed in growth-oriented atmosphere.
- Machine and tool maintenance experience
- Strong trouble shooting experience
- Experience with tools such as SPC, PFMEA, and DoE, Lean and
- Ability to prioritize work to balance multiple tasks
- ERP/MRP System experience
- - Exceptional interpersonal, leadership, and communication
Keywords: igus Inc., Providence , Head of Injection Molding, Other , Rumford, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!