Providence College FT Food Server
Company: Sodexo Frontline
Posted on: September 21, 2022
Location: US-RI-PROVIDENCESystem ID: 860144Category: Food
ServiceEmployment Status: Full-TimeUnit Name: PROVIDENCE
COLLEGE-RAYMONDUnit Contact: email@example.comTarget
Hourly Rate: 15.76UNIT DESCRIPTIONFull Time Line Server at
Providence CollegeUnion Benefits2 Week Rotating Schedule - 1
weekend on 1 weekend OFFWeek 1Friday & Monday 7am - 2:30pmSaturday
& Sunday OFFTuesday - Thursday 2:30pm -9:45pmWeek 2Friday
&Tuesday OFFSaturday & Sunday 9am - 4:30pmMonday, Wednesday &
Thursday 2:30pm -9:45pm#PM#HS#IN#CB Position SummaryThe Food
Service Worker may work anywhere on property where food is
prepared. This person will assist in setup and serving of food from
counters and steamtables. Duties will include cleaning and
sanitizing equipment and work stations. The general
responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but
Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These
responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business
necessities and client requirements.General Responsibilities:
- Reads recipes and/or product directions.
- Estimates food requirements.
- Operates a variety of kitchen utensils to weigh, measure, mix,
wash, peel, cut, grind, stir, strain, season and knead foodstuffs
for cooking, serving and storing.
- Assists in the preparation of hot and/or cold foods, and
properly stores food, utilizing knowledge of temperature
requirements and spoilage.
- Inspects workstations for compliance with service
- Keeps records and requisition for supplies/equipment as
- Cleans and sanitizes workstations and equipment following all
Sodexo, client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- May taste test products.
- Sets up stations with entres, soups, salads, breads,
condiments, other food products and utensils.
- Provides general stocking duties in service area.
- Serves and replenishes food from counters and steam tables
(sometimes using a conveyor food belt), and breaks down stations at
the end of meal periods.
- Brews coffee and tea.
- May be required to restock other beverage areas.
- Interacts with customers in the serving, retail and dining
- Assists customers with opening containers and cutting food when
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service
- Complies with all company safety and risk management policies
- Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
- Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as
- May work on a trayline to distribute food.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
- Maturity of judgment and behavior.
- Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
- Maintains a positive attitude.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule helpful.
- Must comply with any dress code requirements.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
- Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with
- High School diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
- No previous work experience required.Skills/Aptitude:
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and
understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments
with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers,
vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and
- Ability to use a computer.
- Ability to provide clear directions and respond to
- Basic food-handling skills.Physical Requirements:
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time
(up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently
lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.Working
Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work
- Generally in an indoor setting; however, may supervise outside
activities and events.
- Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and
extended hours as business dictates.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be
exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
loud.Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
employerBenefits EligibilityFull Time Benefits: At Sodexo, we
believe every employee should have the resources to be their best.
As part of our overall rewards, we offer benefits programs designed
to help you maintain a healthy lifestyle including health, dental
and vision insurance. Eligible employees can enroll in their
benefits, which will be effective beginning on their first day with
Sodexo. We also offer other benefits like paid time off, financial
and savings programs and access to our employee assistance program
and other discounts (eligibility varies by unit and may not be
available to all employees). PI191576008
Keywords: Sodexo Frontline, Providence , Providence College FT Food Server, Other , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!