Produce Department Supervisor
Company: Whole Foods Market
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Job DescriptionAssists with the scheduling and supervision of
Team Members as well as with the day-to-day flow of the department.
Oversees and maintains compelling Produce, coffee, and juice
displays. Supports the Produce Team Leader and Associate Team
Leader(s) to ensure smooth operation of the Produce Team. All Whole
Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image
by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to
customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be
performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating
Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to
perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions.
All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals,
promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and
ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations
including Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the
- Supervises and delegates tasks to Floral Team Members.
- Works with Produce Trainer to train Team Members in a manner
that builds and sustains a high-performance team and minimizes
- Assists in training of new Team Members, utilizing learning
checklists and training materials.
- Keeps all cases and shelves clean, well-stocked and properly
- Opens and closes department according to established
- Ensures all necessary breaks are given.
- Communicates team concerns to the Team Leader and Associate
- Sets and achieves the highest standards of retail
- Fosters and encourages a positive environment of outstanding
teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale.
- Maintains awareness of customer flows and needs and directs
Team Members as necessary to satisfy and delight customers;
responds promptly to customer needs and questions.
- Selects, trains, develops, mentors, motivates, and counsels
Team Members in a manner that sustains a high-performance team and
- Provides timely, thorough, and thoughtful performance
- Consistently communicates and models WFM vision and goals. Job
- Extensive knowledge of Floral team procedures and
- Strong demonstrated organizational and time management
- Excellent interpersonal, motivational, team building , and
customer relationship skills.
- Capable of teaching others in a positive and constructive
- Product knowledge.
- Advanced knowledge of regulatory and safety policies and
- Proficient mathematical skills for assessing financial
performance, monitor ing profitability, and managing
- Demonstrated decision-making ability, leadership skills , and
ability to prioritize and delegate .
- Proficiency with email, Microsoft Office, and operation s-
related applications. Experience
- 12+ months retail experience. Physical Requirements / Working
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: 90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters,
electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery. Note : The
purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of
essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an
exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or
requirements for every position. Requirements build as one
progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a
lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the
duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other
responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business
conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for
the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful
performance in their current position before being considered for
promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level
position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the
candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new
position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an
advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or
developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not
guarantee a promotion. At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and
equal employment opportunity for all Team Members and candidates
regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender,
pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age,
marital status, disability, or any other legally protected
characteristic. Whole Foods Market hires and promotes individuals
solely based on qualifications for the position to be filled and
Keywords: Whole Foods Market, Providence , Produce Department Supervisor, Other , Bellingham, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!