Environmental Heath and Safety Officer
Company: Tegra Medical Franklin Facility
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Job SummaryThe Environmental Health and Safety Officer is
responsible for implementing and maintaining the Environmental
Health & Safety (EHS) programs for the Franklin site.The EHS
Officer is responsible for developing, planning, coordinating and
directing environmental and health/safety activities to ensure
employee engagement, regulatory compliance and implement the EHS
management system to protect human health and the environment.Job
- Maintain complete documentation of all aspects of the EHS
- Implementation and development of ISO14001 standard, as well as
performing the internal Audit ISO14001/45001
- Responsible for EHS documents maintained in Business Management
- Planning, implementation, monitoring, optimization and process
owner of defined EHS processes, group and division targets.
- Conduct Sustainability / Safety Risk analysis
- Determine, implementation, reporting and monitoring of defined
EHS key performance indicators.
- Member of Peer Group EHS. Communication and reporting for the
- Consulting the Division on EHS and conducting training Steering
and updating of the "Green" projects (Sustainability)
- Reporting environmental data for internal and external stake
- Maintain compliance for material (REACH/RoHS/US Conflict
Minerals Law / other)
- Ongoing monitoring of legislative developments in the field of
Environment, Health and Safety.
- Compliance with regulatory requirements and cooperation with
- Conduct Safety Analysis, Investigations, Leader of Safety
Committee and conduct all safety trainings annually or as
- Designated Laser Safety Officer for Massachusetts facilities
(maintaining training credentials to support designated role). This
includes documentation, training and reporting as
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent
manufacturing experience of at least 10 years
- 1-4 years of EHS experience in a manufacturing
- CSP or ASP credential preferredRequired Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of OSHA, NFPA, ANSI and EPA regulations and reporting
- Waste Water Treatment & regulations knowledge strongly
- Experience with managing governing bodies
- Proven track record in the implementation of sustainability
- Out of the box thinking and creativity for sustainability
improvements Execution, attention to detail, initiative, conflict
resolution, customer focus, collaboration, building ownership and
commitment, establishing direction, drive for change, getting
organizational support, tenacity.
- Demonstrated professional with passion for change and
relentless focus on execution.
- Must be highly organized; able to prioritize and meet target
dates in a very fast-paced environment.
- Strong oral and written communication, analytical, problem
solving and human relations skills
- Results driven and accountable for actions.
- Ability to work independently yet sees others as partners and
essential team members.
- Sound coaching skills; investigation skills.
- Knowledge of the ISO14001/45001 standard
- Formal training in laser safety and certified Laser Safety
Officer.We offer great benefits---
- Health, Dental, Vision and Rx -insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- HSA and FSA spending accounts
- Apprenticeship programs and Tuition reimbursement
- Referral bonus program
- Company paid Life insurance and AD&D
- Short and Long term disability
- Dependent Care
- Vacation and Sick days
- 10 paid Holidays
- Employee assistance program
- Pet InsuranceTegra Medical is an Equal Opportunity EmployerYou
should be proficient in:
- ISO 14001 Certification Experience
- Experience in a Manufacturing Environment
Keywords: Tegra Medical Franklin Facility, Providence , Environmental Heath and Safety Officer, Other , Franklin, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!