Accounts Payable Rep
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Accounts Payable Representative I
- Assist in review, audit, and processing of debit and credits
received to ensure timely and accurate payment of invoices to
maximize cash discount. Ensure distribution of supporting backup to
- Open, sort, date stamp incoming mail and match invoices with
receivers accurately and timely.
- Review trade and expense type invoices to ensure accuracy of
vendor number, invoice number, purchase order number, general
ledger number, invoice amount, and authorized signature and back up
support. Correct any error noted to ensure accuracy of
- Data input vendor invoices, debit, and credit memos manually
and in upload daily. Edit batches for accuracy and completeness,
release approve batches to post to AP.
- Research and resolve issues related to invoicing, prepayment,
deductions, adjustments, cash discount, and receiving to ensure
proper recognition of liability and payment.
- Prepare checks for mailing and overnight delivery.
- Coordinate the flow of deduction support into and out of the
department. Process all incoming backup support into vendor files
for later distribution to supplier.
- Create and print invoice and purchase order coversheets.
Prepare accounts payable documents for imaging.
- Performs other relevant job duties as required.
Education/Certifications: (Required & Preferred)
- High school graduate or equivalent or any satisfactory
combination of experience and training which demonstrates the
knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform duties.
- One year of experience in accounts payable processing.
- System Implementation.
- Basic understanding of accounting, reconciliations, and
accounts payable functions.
- Additional training in bookkeeping concepts and procedures
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite.
- Strong administrative skills including attention to detail,
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing with
internal departments, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and develop
relationships with internal departments to resolve disputes and
outstanding issues quickly.
- Self-starter who takes initiative Ability to maintain a high
degree of confidentiality.
- Some travel may be required.
- Most work is performed in a temperature-controlled office
- Incumbent may sit for long periods of time at desk or computer
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Incumbent may use calculators, keyboards, telephone, and other
office equipment during normal workday.
- Stooping, bending, twisting, and reaching may be required in
completion of job duties.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and we are an organization
that values diversity. We welcome applications from all qualified
candidates, including minorities and persons with disabilities.
Keywords: CoreTechs, Providence , Accounts Payable Rep, Other , Lincoln, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!