Human Resources Generalist (bilingual in Spanish)
Company: UFP Technologies, Inc.
Posted on: March 15, 2023
About Contech:Contech Medical, a UFP Technologies company, is a
global leader in the design, development, and manufacture of class
III medical device packaging primarily for catheters and
guidewires. Our experience in packaging, assembly and distribution
encompasses multiple continents and the largest medical device
companies in the world.Position Summary: The site Human Resources
(HR) Generalist will perform the HR functions to support the
Providence, RI facility. The incumbent will report directly to the
Plant Manager with a dotted line to the Corporate Human Resources
Vice President. They are responsible for disseminating all
Corporate HR initiatives and programs. The HR Generalist will
perform related duties at the site level and may carry out
responsibilities in some or all of the following functional areas:
payroll, employment and staffing, onboarding, training and
development, employee relations, affirmative action, employee
engagement / recognition, and compensation / incentive programs, as
well as may play a role in safety. The HR Generalist may also
assist Corporate HR with projects or other duties.Human Resources
(HR) Generalists' Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Processes payroll for 100+ employees and manages time and
- Assists Corporate Talent Acquisition Recruiter coordinating and
conducting the full cycle recruiting process for the site (i.e.,
posting jobs internally and externally, attending job fairs,
partnerships with local colleges, scheduling interviews,
interviewing candidates, initiating background screens, setting up
pre-employment drug screens, and generating and sending offer
letters) as well as works with the hiring managers on onboarding
- Conducts new employee orientations to ensure that employees
gain an understanding of the company's policies, procedures,
benefit plans, and enrollment provisions.
- Partners with local staffing agencies to obtain the best rate
for the site for purchased staffing needs.
- Advises, counsels, and provides feedback to managers and
employees on performance management and employee relations issues
to constructively resolve problems.
- Assists in ensuring company policies and practices are
compliant with federal, state, and local employment laws and
procedures, including record keeping, policy statements,
non-discriminatory practices, regulation compliance, etc.
- With the guidance of Corporate HR, monitors the day-to-day
implementation of policies concerning wages, hours and working
- Works with management to create development plans and identify
training resources to ensure employee training and development
needs are met.
- Implements and maintains employee engagement, recognition, and
morale programs. Oversees the corporate service award program for
- Maintains the personnel files and other employment and training
- Coordinates with corporate HR on all involuntary terminations
prior to termination. Ensures proper documentation and ensures
processing of termination is completed in proper time frame.
- Oversees attendance policy enforcement and tracking, i.e.,
generates attendance reports & guides supervisors with disciplinary
- Assists with benefit questions/issues and partners with
corporate benefits department on health care and various leaves of
absence to ensure accurate recordkeeping and compliance with
applicable state, federal and local regulations.
- Serves as an extension of the corporate HR team during the
annual open enrollment process by distributing materials and
assisting with the effective communication of benefit plans and
- Maintains affirmative action program data for site and
collaborates with Corporate on AAP requirements and reporting.
- Oversees workers compensation administration; i.e. management
of claims and return to work.
- Responds to employment verification requests.
- Responds and represents the site for unemployment claims.
- Researches opportunities to promote the site with the local and
state resources and associations (i.e. the local Chamber of
Commerce, state grants, etc.).Human Resources (HR) Generalists'
- Bachelor's Degree with 3 to 5 years HR Generalist
- Payroll experience using Paylocity and/or ADP WFN is
- HR Professional Certification preferred, i.e., SHRM CP.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment is strongly
- Knowledge of HRIS systems (ADP, Harpers, Time & Attendance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (Teams, Outlook, Word,
- Bilingual (Spanish) is a plus.To apply for this job please
create a profile with us through our online application system.
Click the "Apply" box in the upper right hand corner to start the
application process. Or, if you already have a social media account
with LinkedIn, Google, or Facebook you can use your log in
credentials to apply. Contech, a UFP Technologies company, is an
Equal Opportunity employer
Keywords: UFP Technologies, Inc., Providence , Human Resources Generalist (bilingual in Spanish), Other , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...