Company: AirBorn Inc.
Posted on: May 19, 2023
SUMMARY: Responsible for purchasing and negotiating goods and
services such as raw materials, equipment, tools, and supplies from
vendors for the organization.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following: Other duties may be assigned.
- Negotiates materials, equipment, and supplies from
- Reviews requisitions.
- Confers with vendors to obtain product or service information
such as price, availability, and delivery schedule.
- Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most
- Reviews billings and contacts suppliers to correct errors.
- Estimates values according to knowledge of market price.
- Maintains records of ongoing cost savings for company.
- Determines method of procurement such as direct purchase or
quote, and prepares purchase orders or quote requests.
- Reviews quote proposals and negotiates contracts within
budgetary limitations and scope of authority.
- Maintains procurement records such as items or services
purchased, costs delivery, product quality, or performance.
- Discusses defective or unacceptable goods or services with
inspection or quality control personnel, users, and vendors, to
determine the source of trouble and takes corrective action.
- Approves invoices and merchandise returns, and expedites
delivery of goods to users.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Requires knowledge typically acquired through:
- Completion of a Bachelors degree from a four year college or
- A minimum of one to five years of related experience, and/or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires ability to read, analyze, and interpret general
business periodicals, professional journals, and government
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and
procedural manuals and to effectively present information and
respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and
customers and vendors.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.QUALIFICATIONS To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is regularly required to sit, stand, talk, hear, walk, and
use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, and controls,
and reach with arms and hands. The employee may be required to
occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. WORK ENVIRONMENT The
work environment characteristic described here are representative
of those an employee encounters while performing the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate, and travel is limited to less than 10%. Equal Opportunity
Employer - Disability/Vet ITAR COMPLIANCE This position requires
access to or use of information which is subject to the federal
International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants
for this position must be U.S. Persons within the meaning of ITAR.
ITAR defines "U.S. Person" as U.S. citizen, lawful permanent
resident of the U.S., person admitted as a refugee to the U.S.,
person granted asylum in the U.S., or person granted the status of
alien lawfully admitted for temporary residence to the U.S. under 8
U.S.C. 1160(a) (for special agricultural workers) or 8 U.S.C.
1255(a)(1) (an amnesty program).
Keywords: AirBorn Inc., Providence , Buyer, Other , Rumford, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...