Medicare Account Executive
Company: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
Posted on: July 11, 2019
Tuesday, June 4, 2019
Develop and service relationships for new and existing group
accounts. Represent the company in the sales, service, and
retention of Medicare products in the portfolio.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS :
Determine customer needs and propose products that address needs.
Maintain and expand enrollment in current accounts through the
- Develop sales, retention, and marketing strategies; execute
tactics to achieve group results. Develop marketing communications
for group business working closely with internal departments to
ensure communications meet Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services
(CMS) compliance regulations.
- Manage all account enrollment, servicing, and renewal
activities internally and externally. Develop strong customer
relationships between organization and customer accounts. Provide
accounts and brokers with information regarding products and
services, acting as both educator and consultant.
- Develop and deliver presentations to prospective and existing
customer accounts to increase sales.
- Exhibit a strong sales performance record and demonstrate
comprehensive knowledge of all product lines.
- Act as liaison between organization and customer accounts;
represent the interests of a given prospect, account, or broker
with any person or department in the organization.
- Manage the sales processes with Underwriting, with a full
understanding of all available funding mechanisms.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Marketing, or Finance; or
an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Three to five years experience in sales or marketing
- Experience in account management including problem recognition
- Valid driver's license
- Valid Broker License and annual required credits
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
Experience in the health insurance industry
- Knowledge of Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)
guidance as it pertains to marketing activities and compliance
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
Knowledge of health care issues
- Knowledge of employee benefit packages
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and
selling products or services
- Advanced analytical skills, with the ability to interpret and
synthesize complex data sets
- Good business acumen and political savvy
- Knowledge of business process improvement techniques and
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Decision-making skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to interface with employees at all levels
- Ability to effectively navigate ambiguous situations with
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully
prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to handle multiple priorities/projects
At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI), diversity and
inclusion are central to our core values and strengthen our ability
to meet the challenges of today's healthcare industry. BCBSRI is an
equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We provide equal
opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age,
national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
genetic information and gender identity or expression.
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal
laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex,
national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender
identity or expression. Please visit
view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Keywords: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, Providence , Medicare Account Executive, Other , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!