Lead Strategy & Corporate Development Consultant - Providence
Company: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island
Posted on: October 11, 2019
Responsible for leading the day-to-day management of multiple
internal strategy consulting engagements simultaneously. Focuses on
high-complexity, high-impact strategic and operational business
priorities of our executive team, including enterprise strategy and
projects for senior divisional stakeholders. Implements the
evaluation and planning of strategic initiatives and capital
investments, including corporate development activities. Oversees
aspects of strategy implementation, including resource and funding
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead strategic consulting activities for senior audiences in
the company related to complex, transformational, growth, and
expense-reduction projects. Prepare and deliver recommendations to
- Manage the development and implementation of the company's
- Manage corporate development activities. Coordinate due
diligence, deliver robust financial analysis/modeling, manage
negotiation/deal structuring efforts, and support subsequent
- Report on strategic plan progress to both internal senior
leaders and the Board of Directors.
- Work cross-functionally with other associates, gathering data
and input to help build consensus with key stakeholders.
- Serve as a mentor and engagement manager to consultants and
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Health Care
Administration, Mathematics, Economics, or related field; or an
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Seven to ten years of experience in a strategy, corporate
development, or strategic finance role.
- Experience in healthcare or insurance strongly preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, as well
as ability to develop concise and effective communications tailored
to specific audiences.
- Comfort in a dynamic and fast-moving work environment.
- Superior analytical skills, creativity in problem solving,
research capabilities, and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize, analyze, and interpret financial and
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, establish workflows, and
meet necessary deadlines.
- Ability to collaborate while dealing with complex
- Ability to influence up and across the organization.
At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI), diversity and
inclusion are central to our core values and strengthen our ability
to meet the challenges of today's healthcare industry. BCBSRI is an
equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We provide equal
opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, age,
national origin or ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, genetic information, sex, gender identity or
expression, and any other personal attributes protected by federal,
state, or local law. For more information about our commitment to
diversity and inclusion, please see our Diversity Report at
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal
laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex,
national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender
identity or expression. Please visit
view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
BCBSRI is committed to working with and providing reasonable
accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a
disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of our
application process, please contact us at (see application details)
During the application process, please allow a minimum of five
business days before you contact our office to inquire about the
status of your application. If you have any questions regarding
your application or during the process, please contact Human
Resources by phone at (see application details) or by email at (see
application details) .
Southern New England, Boston, MA, Hartford, CT, Health Data
Analyst, RI Health Insurer, Healthcare, Wellness, Provider,
Network, Rhode Island, RI, Insurance, Project Manager, Six Sigma,
Lean, Project Management Institute, PMI, PMP, Professional,
Business, Finance, Operations, Organization, Development,
Keywords: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Rhode Island, Providence , Lead Strategy & Corporate Development Consultant - Providence, Other , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!