Company: Au Bon Pain
Posted on: November 9, 2019
Sandwich and Salad Maker
Title: Sandwich and Salad Maker
Reports To: General Manager/Manager/Shift Supervisor
Department: Cafe Operations
FLSA Status: Non-exempt Hourly
Our Sandwich and Salad Makers must be organized and able to multi
task! They talk to our guests, take orders, and make sandwiches and
salads, all while being friendly and fast! If you have a passion
for making and serving delicious sandwiches and salads while
working in a fast paced cafe, this may be the position for you.
The Sandwich/Salad Maker Position will be responsible for the
execution of legendary, high quality food while ensuring a CLEAN,
FAST and FRIENDLY cafe environment. The Sandwich/Salad position is
crossed trained in all FOH positions with the ability to assist any
guest's expectations. If you enjoy making people smile while
working with a great team and being part of a Company where it is a
great place to work, we want you as a Sandwich/Salad Team
Sandwich/Salad Maker Responsibilities:
- Prepare and execute guests orders and requests for sandwiches
- Prepare coffee specialty drinks such as; Cappuccino, Lattes,
Espresso and more
- Ensure that all products meet ABP's standards of freshness and
- Provide ""guest-first"" service by listening, responding and
resolving all guests' requests quickly through strong knowledge of
all cafe products.
- Assist management with expediting on the line.
- Be a team player to achieve efficient operations.
- Keep work area clean, organized and stocked.
- Responsible for making sure all equipment and ovens are
- Resolve any problems and keeps management informed about issues
and problems as they arise.
- Provide on-the-job training for new sandwich makers.
- Perform prep and utility duties as needed/backup when
- Assist in cafe set up, refill and maintain additional areas;
coffee/tea/oatmeal and soup as needed.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
Sandwich/Salad Maker Job Requirements:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Strong attention to detail and time management
- Passion for quality, safety and sanitation
- Excellent communication and listening skills, can read, write,
and speak English
- Friendly attitude and team player who will contribute to the
culture and standards of Au Bon Pain
- Decision maker with ability to work independently
- Urgent, proactive demeanor
- Ability to maintain a standing position for extended periods of
time (up to 6 hours at a time).
- Ability to move around the cafe to attend to the needs of
- Ability to move, lift and handle equipment, supplies and other
objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to position self to move items weighing up to 25 pounds
from floor to shelves and cabinets above and below counter
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
ABP is an equal opportunity employer. We afford equal opportunity
to all team members and applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, marital status, national origin, disability, military
status or veteran of the Vietnam era, sexual orientation, sex, age,
or any category protected by law. We value diversity among our team
members and the unique perspective this brings to our Company.
Copyright Au Bon Pain -- 2017
- Pay Type Hourly
- Women & Infants Hospital, Providence, Rhode Island, United
States of America
Keywords: Au Bon Pain, Providence , Sandwich Maker, Other , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!