Health Data Analyst
Company: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
Posted on: January 15, 2020
Tuesday, December 10, 2019
Extract and analyze health care data for specific studies
and corporate initiatives, assisting with data intensive projects.
Serve as a technical resource to department
staff and management. Work with
management of operational areas to assist them in accumulating data
their needs. Provide advice to management
regarding effective techniques to analyze and report on data to
most effective result.
- Perform routine to moderately complex analysis and design
for various business applications.
- Create reports and spreadsheets displaying data in a
and concise manner.
- Develop procedures to enhance reporting and query
capabilities to improve efficiency and accuracy.
- Maintain documentation of business specifications pertinent
to the business requirements.
- Provide fundamental analytical support to the organization
by developing and promoting consistent analytical
- Design and model data extractions and provide comprehensive
assessments of trends and data.
- Participate in department initiatives and projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics,
Economics or related field; or an equivalent combination of
- Three to five years
of health data analysis, business analysis, software application,
design, and technical documentation experience
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and
- Knowledge of applied statistics
- Knowledge of econometric modeling
- HIAA certification
- Experience in the health insurance industry
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Advanced analytical skills, with the ability to interpret
and synthesize complex data sets
- Understanding of SAS programming, spreadsheet, and database
software and other application development tools
- Good business acumen and political savvy
- Knowledge of business process improvement techniques and
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
- Decision-making skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to interface with employees at all levels
- Ability to effectively navigate ambiguous situations with
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to successfully
prioritize multiple tasks
- Ability to handle multiple priorities/projects
At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI), diversity and
inclusion are central to our core values and strengthen our ability
to meet the challenges of today's healthcare industry. BCBSRI is an
equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We provide equal
opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age,
national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
genetic information and gender identity or expression.
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal
laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex,
national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender
identity or expression. Please visit
view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Keywords: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, Providence , Health Data Analyst, Professions , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!