Purchasing Team Lead Manager
Company: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Smithfield Foods Purchasing Team Lead Manager in Smithfield,
Virginia - Careers at (Corporate) Smithfield, VA - Support Services
Skip to main content CAREERS
- Search Jobs
Policies and Disclosures Contact Us -- 2021 Smithfield Foods, Inc.
Proudly Made in the USA Smithfield Foods Purchasing Team Lead
Manager in Smithfield, Virginia - Careers at (Corporate)
Smithfield, VA - Support Services Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the
personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply
for a job. Welcome page Welcome page Returning Candidate? Log back
in! Purchasing Team Lead Manager ID 2021-16257 Job Locations
US-VA-Smithfield Category Purchasing Type Full-Time FLSA Status
Exempt Shift Corporate - Day Shift Job Locations US-VA-Smithfield
Your Opportunity The Supply Chain team is looking for motivated
professionals to facilitate the distribution of our great products
to customers and consumers. These personnel can analyze production
metrics against market needs in Supply & Demand Planning, focus on
product transportation through Logistics, or ensure the shelves of
your local grocery store are stocked by Direct Store Delivery. The
Purchasing Team Lead Manager is the integrated supply professional
responsible for supporting the assigned operations team in
procurement activities. This role is the voice of procurement to
operations and represents supply chain to the manufacturing
facilities. The team lead is responsible for managing the supply
base for direct and indirect purchases. Project management, problem
resolution, and continuous improvement are key functions of this
role. Core Responsibilities
- Manage purchasing for the Smithfield operations team.
- Act as the main point of contact in integrating and
communications of sourcing activities.
- Manages EDI payment failures.
- Manage inventory and assist plants with inventory turns to
achieve assigned goals.
- Conduct cross functional plant ideation sessions.
- Manage corrective action plans for supply shortages.
- Lead cross functional teams as required and assist the business
in sourcing requirements and changes.
- Conduct weekly plant purchasing manager meeting to identify any
issues at our facilities that need additional support.
- Support and regularly attend cross functional Marketing,
Business meetings and provides input on business strategy.
- Support and regularly attend cross-functional R&D meetings
to assist in development and implementation of new products or
- Support and regularly attend weekly/monthly supplier update
- Support and initiate cost savings projects impacting plants.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being p erformed by people assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so
classified. May perform other duties as assigned. Qualifications To
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's Degree from a regionally accredited four-year
college or university and 5+ years' relevant experience; or
equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Strong planning, organization and execution skills.
- Experience working in a Plant environment, strongly
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Knowledge of SAP, DSP, PMDM, Esker and Blue graphics/art
- Ability to make proper business decisions to ensure operations
are not adversely affected.
- Ability to communicate and express ideas clearly and concisely,
in both written and verbal formats.
- Ability to work well with others in fast paced, dynamic
- Ability to be respectful, approachable and team oriented while
building strong working relationships and a positive work
- Requires travel, up to 30% of the time. Careers and Benefits To
learn more about Smithfield's benefits,
visit--smithfieldfoods.com/careerbenefits About Smithfield Foods
Headquartered in--Smithfield, Va.--since 1936, Smithfield Foods,
Inc. is an American food company with agricultural roots and a
global reach. Our 40,000 U.S. and 15,000 European employees are
dedicated to producing "Good food. Responsibly. -- " and have made
us one of the world's leading vertically integrated protein
companies. We have pioneered sustainability standards for more than
two decades, including many industry firsts, such as our ambitious
commitment to cut our carbon impact by 25 percent by 2025. We
believe in the power of protein to end food insecurity and have
donated hundreds of millions of food servings to our neighbors in
need.--Smithfield--boasts a portfolio of high-quality iconic
brands, such as--Smithfield -- , Eckrich -- --and Nathan's Famous
-- , among many others. For more information, visit
www.smithfieldfoods.com , and connect with us on Facebook ,--
Twitter ,-- LinkedIn --and-- Instagram . EEO/AA Information
Smithfield is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace
diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected
veterans status, status as a disabled individual or any other
protected group status or non-job characteristic as directed by
law. Options Apply for this job online Apply Share Refer this job
to a friend Refer Sorry the Share function is not working properly
at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later. Share
on your newsfeed Loading... Connect With Us! Not ready to apply?
Connect with us for general consideration. Application FAQs
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: Regional Recreation Corporation of Wood Buffalo, Providence , Purchasing Team Lead Manager, Professions , Smithfield, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!