Principal Security Architect
Company: United Natural Foods, Inc.
Posted on: February 22, 2021
This position can be located in Providence, RI or Eden Prairie,
MN. Job Overview: The Principal Security Architect is responsible
for delivering architecture intent to the cyber organization and
enterprise stakeholders. You will partner with stakeholders across
the organization to securely achieve requirements of business
initiatives. The Principal Security Architect is a technical
authority on information security architecture across the
enterprise. Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Develop and maintain a security architecture process that
enables the enterprise to develop and implement security solutions
and capabilities that are clearly aligned with business, technology
and threat drivers.
- Provides input to security strategy plans and roadmaps based on
sound enterprise architecture practices.
- Lead the Security Architecture Review program.
- Develop and maintain security architecture artifacts (models,
templates, standards and procedures) that can be used to leverage
security capabilities in projects and operations.
- Track developments and changes in the digital business and
threat environments to ensure that these are adequately addressed
in security strategy plans and architecture artifacts.
- Conduct threat modeling of services and applications that tie
to the risk and data associated with the service or
- Conduct security assessments of internal systems, applications
and IT infrastructure as part of the overall risk management
practice of the organization.
- Validate IT infrastructure and other reference architectures
for security best practices and recommend changes to enhance
security and reduce risk where applicable.
- Review security technologies, tools and services, and make
recommendations to the broader security team for their use based on
security, financial and operational metrics.
- Liaise with other security architects and security
practitioners to share best practices and insights.
- Perform architecture reviews and code reviews based on the
corporate development-for-security standards, business requirements
and industry standards.
- Provide input to Enterprise Architecture that helps build
reference architecture, frameworks and toolkits to drive scale of
adoption in the ecosystem.
- Design and influence the implementation of an enterprise
architecture based on business requirements and IT strategies, as
well as to rectify gaps and pain points within the current
- Document necessary security architecture design and analysis
and security review work.
- Act as technical expert and critical technical resource across
- Work closely with the enterprise program management office
(EPMO) or project office to ensure alignment of plans with what is
- Propose updates to the corporate standards to keep them in sync
with industry trends.
- Provide expertise regarding the secure integration of
applications across the business.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Job Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- CISSP, GIAC, CISM, or other related certifications preferred.
Experience: 8+ years of experience in information security,
especially in a security architect/engineering role. Skills and
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and
apply it to business needs.
- Experience with various information modeling techniques (such
as data flow diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams or
- Experience in using architecture methodologies such as SABSA,
Zachman and TOGAF.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork,
facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical and technical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and
short-term perspectives of situations.
- Ability to translate business needs into architecture
- Ability to estimate the financial impact of technical
- Ability to apply multiple technical solutions to business
- Ability to quickly comprehend and/or learn the functions and
capabilities of new technologies.
- Experience with multiple development methodologies.
- Direct, hands-on experience managing security infrastructure
such as firewalls, IPSs, WAFs, endpoint protection, SIEM and log
- Documented experience and a strong working knowledge of the
methodologies to conduct threat-modeling exercises on new
applications and services.
- Experience designing the deployment of applications and
infrastructure into public cloud services (e.g., GCP or Microsoft
Azure). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin,
disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal
Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and
respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA
Federal Contractor. Additional Information
- Schedule: Full-time My Profile Create and manage profiles for
future opportunities. --- United States of America, Rhode Island,
Providence --- United States of America, Minnesota, Eden Prairie
--- United States of America, Minnesota, Eden Prairie
Keywords: United Natural Foods, Inc., Providence , Principal Security Architect, Professions , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!