Therapeutic Area Manager, Supply Chain
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: February 24, 2021
COVID-19 Update: To keep our candidates, colleagues and other
visitors--safe, we're making changes to our interview and hiring
process. Learn more Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world
leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25
billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are
accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical
challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or
increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to
support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues
delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies,
purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our
industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied
Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and
Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com
The Therapeutic Area Manager is responsible for:
- Ensures that robust supply plans within designated therapeutic
area(s) are in place to meet the needs of Clinical Supply
Optimization and Clinical Ancillary Management service portfolios
putting the right structures in place to optimize global and
regional supply strategies with regard to efficiency, cost
effectiveness, and continuity of patient supply.
- Implements demand and operations planning processes to minimize
supply chain waste and maximize operational capacity in partnership
with Demand Planning and Supply Chain Strategy Teams.
- Ensures consistent, clear clinical supply contracts are
negotiated with clinical customers to ensure supply is fit for
purpose and meets the needs of study and patient
- Manages staff and simplifies supply at program level, where
practical, to reduce cost and increase flexibility of supply for
Phase I-IV clinical studies conducted globally
- Ensures effective resolution of challenges and issues that have
the potential to impact patients, study progression or data
- Ensures effective management of quality within team and quality
investigations, customer complaints and associated CAPA's are
completed in a timely manner.
- Liaises with Global Supply Chain Management Leadership to
ensure global process alignment, SOP creation and maintenance, and
training for the team.
- Utilizes understanding of Clinical Trial Supply Chain
Management best practice principles to develop new or improve
existing processes and ensures compliance and appropriate
documentation of processes and procedures.
- Stays abreast of relevant cGMPs, GCPs, and other regulatory
requirements and ensures study management activities are
- Manages, tracks and monitors business budgets, including
personnel costs and headcount planning, as well as, client
- Develops and monitors appropriate metrics and proactively makes
adjustments to ensure business success.
- Engages and participates in divisional initiatives that are
related to or involve Clinical Supply Optimization and/or Clinical
- Achieves optimal results by effectively partnering with subject
matter experts across multiple functional areas
- Represents and appropriately positions the services for
- Demonstrates the ability to promote the company vision
- Conducts activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Other duties may be assigned to meet the needs of the
- Demonstrates and drives the Thermo Fisher values - Integrity,
Intensity, Involvement and Innovation (The Four I's).Minimum
- Bachelor's Degree in operations management or science related
field (equivalent experience may be considered). Prefer advanced
degree in a health related or business field.
- 5+ years of experience leading diverse, direct and matrixed
teams; in both co-located and remote situations.
- Minimum of 7 years of pharmaceutical experience;
- Financial management and people management skills are critical
to this position.
- Domestic and international travel will be at 25-40%
- Experience in clinical manufacturing and packaging is
- Excellent project and process management skills gained within a
complex matrix organization.
- Ability to lead matrix and cross-functional teams.
- Strong leadership, communication and interface management
skills, combined with the ability to lead and influence others and
achieve positive outcomes.
- Demonstrated leadership in establishing goals and meeting
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks and work in
a flexible manner.
- Must exhibit excellent oral and written communication skills,
good interpersonal skills, and strong planning and coordination
- Ability to independently perform trouble-shooting and problem
solving. Ability to follow-up and evaluate problems
- Proven creative and innovative thinking.This role can be a
Remote role To access this job later or share with a friend, please
enter Name and Email Address below. Your Name Get notified for
similar jobs Sign up and receive similar job alerts to your email
Enter Email address Get customized job recommendations based on
your career area of interest. How would you rate your experience
popup Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving
science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is
to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and
safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences
research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient
diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their
laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more
than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of
innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical
services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo
Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific,
Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit
www.thermofisher.com . Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal
Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, creed,
religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic
information, veteran status, age or disability status.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Providence , Therapeutic Area Manager, Supply Chain, Professions , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!