Information Technology Technician
Company: Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick (CCK) is a 230+ person
public-interest law firm in Providence, Rhode Island with a focus
on disabled military veterans and their families, as well as a wide
range of other individuals who have been denied life, health, and
CCK views IT as an asset, and a means to deliver a superior
employee and client experience. CCK is seeking an IT Technician to
join its growing IT Department, which is led by an experienced IT
Director. This individual will have an important role in
implementing CCK's IT systems. The starting salary is
$75,000-90,000 based on experience and expertise. Opportunity for
advancement for individuals who demonstrate technical expertise,
initiative, work ethic and a forward-thinking, solution-oriented
attitude, and who develop in the role.
As a team, we are committed to equality and inclusion in the
workplace and seek to hire well-qualified and highly motivated
individuals who best represent the diversity of our clients.
IT Technician Responsibilities:
- Working collaboratively with CCK's team of IT professionals and
vendors to efficiently support the IT needs of 230+ users. This
includes onboarding new users and desktop support.
- Problem solving by using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions and putting them
- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or
processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- All tasks required to ensure that the firm's 230+ users have a
secure, efficient, and reliable IT infrastructure for carrying out
the firm's business.
- Ability to be available occasionally after hours, to address
time sensitive projects, perform systems maintenance, or respond to
- Anticipating, planning, and maintaining the technological needs
of the firm, remaining up to date on hardware & software
developments and advances.
- Must be equipped with the skills necessary to satisfy the
responsibilities stated above.
- 5+ years systems administration & technical support experience
in an office environment.
- Strong understanding of Windows operating systems, Active
Directory, and Microsoft 365.
- Strong knowledge of laptops & desktops, servers, printers,
terminal servers, and faxing.
- Ability to work with individuals of all levels of personnel at
- Ability to work independently and identify when additional help
or expertise is needed.
- Ability to prioritize, plan and organize work effectively &
- Understanding of the basic concepts of Microsoft Azure & cloud
solutions a plus.
- Understanding of networking concepts & devices, as well as VoIP
telephony a plus.
- CompTIA/A+, operating systems, cloud services, or other related
certifications a plus.
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Information Technology field
or related studies.
- Prior experience working with technology in a law firm
- Needles/Case Management platform knowledge.
- Occasional need to position oneself to reach small spaces,
- Occasional transport of various computer equipment & supplies
(up to 50lbs).
- Able to remain in a stationary position on regular
- Extensive computer work and frequent use of telephone and email
- Starting salary $75,000-90,000 based on experience and
- Opportunities for growth
Keywords: Chisholm Chisholm & Kilpatrick LTD, Providence , Information Technology Technician, Professions , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!