Premium Investment Consultant Development Program- Lincoln, RI
Company: Merrill Lynch
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Job Description: Premium Investment Consultant Development
Program: At Bank of America, we're creating real, meaningful
relationships with individuals and businesses across the country.
Each day, we connect with 67 million clients through a growing
specialist workforce and our world-class digital platform. With
each relationship and connection, we are looking to provide care
and guidance for our clients when they need us most - whether they
are just starting out, buying a home, building a family or planning
for retirement. As part of our commitment, we are looking for the
next generation of Financial Advisors-those with a passion for
growing a long-term career and a drive to make our clients'
financial lives better. As an associate in the Premium Investment
Consultant Development Program, your journey begins studying for
the Security Industry Essentials (SIE) exam to help you understand
the basic knowledge of the securities industry. Once completed, you
will be working in a in a phone based environment from a Consumer
Investments Contact Center where you will learn Bank of America's
core banking and the Consumer Investments approach to client care.
During this stage, you will be given best in class training from
our award-winning Academy; along with hands-on practice and
personalized coaching to develop the knowledge, skills, and
behaviors that you will need to be successful. Our Investment
Consultants will support Consumer Investments customers by
providing an exceptional client experience, deepening relationships
and platform service to sales activities. The Academy's Training
and Licensing Program will provide you with a defined path to
becoming an advisor through a multi-stage training program,
including the coaching and guidance that you will need to
successfully obtain your industry licenses (SIE, Series 7, and
Series 66 licensing). These credentials along with your
demonstrated aptitude and client focus, will allow you to progress
into the Consumer Investments Premium Investment Consultant Career
Path, where you will learn the foundational skills needed to be a
financial advisor - from developing prospects, acquiring, building
and managing client relationships and providing investment advice,
to humanizing financial interactions - we'll equip you with
everything you need as you move through the stages of development.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
- Taking inbound calls from existing clients to service, build,
and deepen relationships by uncovering financial needs while
providing an exceptional client experience.
- Earning your Security Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 7 and
Series 66 licenses through structured lessons and dedicated study
time. You must obtain your SIE, Series 7, & 66 to progress into the
Premium Investment Consultant role ( 63 & 65 accepted, in lieu of
- Ensuring customer needs are met by partnering with specialists
and business partners to observe what they offer to customers and
the most effective way to deepen relationships as a learning
- Educating potential and existing clients about Merrill
investment products, services and portfolio strategies while
staying well-versed in Bank of America banking products, enterprise
policies, and changes in financial markets and regulations.
- Understanding clients' or prospective clients' goals and
overall financial situation, and providing account and/or
investment recommendations in-line with their financial goals.
- Leveraging available resources and technologies to optimize the
customer experience and serve our customers with operational
excellence and accuracy.Proactively managing risk in every
business, product, and service transaction leveraging available
tools. We'll Help You
- Develop techniques to confidently engage with clients by
telephone, and grow your business knowledge by using a defined
consultative approach with clients to systematically identify
client needs and appropriate solutions.
- Pass the Securities Industry Essentials (SIE), Series 7 & 66
exams; Candidates must pass registration exams within the
prescribed timeline of moving into the Premium Investment
- Build your knowledge through Bank of America's award-winning
Academy training and on-boarding programs and work in a culture
where growth and career advancement are a priority designed to help
you grow a successful career at Bank of America.
- Connect clients to all of the solutions we provide through Bank
of America banking and Consumer Investments to meet virtually all
of their financial needs. As an associate in the Premium Investment
Consultant Development Program, you can look forward to
- Becoming a licensed and registered financial solutions advisor
who is able to trade investments, as well as recommend different
strategies leveraging investments such as: ETFs, mutual funds, and
Merrill's Guided Investing portfolio.
- Working in a well-compensated, highly collaborative environment
with ongoing professional development to deepen your skills and
optimize your practice as the industry evolves and changes.
- Growing client relationships by providing exceptional client
care, understanding needs, and presenting services and solutions
offered throughout Consumer Investments and Bank of America
- The opportunity to earn additional quarterly compensation based
on performance metrics, once completing the Premium Investment
Consultant Development Program. You're the kind of person that
- Wants to establish a long-term career in the financial services
industry at large Fortune 50 Company that rewards hard work,
ambition, and dedication.
- Is prepared to pass licensing exams - Security Industry
Essentials (SIE) and Series 7 and Series 66.
- Has a strong aptitude learning new computer applications as
well as experience leveraging computer programs for organization
and time management.
- Is self-motivated, goal-oriented, and has the ability to manage
complexity, and prioritize tasks in a fast moving,
- Displays passion, commitment and drive to deliver an experience
that improves our clients' financial lives.
- Is a confident and effective communicator with an aptitude for
sales and relationship management.
- Has strong sales experience, ideally in a financial services
- Works well with others and collaborates productively to get
things done with a client focus.
- Has the ability to engage with clients and seek to understand
their needs while actively sharing options using plain language,
building rapport and handling objections.
- Is comfortable receiving ongoing performance feedback and
- Is adaptable, and can adjust conversations based on new
information, current events, or regulation changes in the financial
- Is thorough and will incorporate relevant regulatory due
diligence into long-term strategies for clients. You'll be even
more prepared if you have (PREFERRED SKILLS)
- A bachelor's degree, or 1-2 years' experience working in the
financial service industry and/or a performance-based
- A minimum of one year of sales experience with cross-selling,
upselling or referring products
- The Security Industry Essentials (SIE) or other financial
services licenses and interest in pursuing the Series 7, and/or the
Series 66 licenses.
- Interest in helping clients by assessing their needs,
identifying solutions, and building/managing relationships.
- Experience working in a call center. We're a culture that
- Believes in responsible growth and has a proven dedication to
supporting the communities we serve.
- Provides continuous education and developmental opportunities
to help people achieve their goals. Shift:1st shift (United States
of America) Hours Per Week: 40
Keywords: Merrill Lynch, Providence , Premium Investment Consultant Development Program- Lincoln, RI, Professions , Lincoln, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!