Quality Assurance Technician
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: January 12, 2022
As part of the Thermo Fisher Scientific team, you'll discover
meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale.
Join our colleagues in bringing our Mission to life every single
day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner
and safer. We provide our global teams with the resources needed to
achieve individual career goals while helping to take science a
step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world's
toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure
our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.Location/Division
Specific InformationThis position reports into the Plainville, MA
site of Viral Vector Services (VVS) and reports to the QA
operations Manager.How will you make an impact?As the QA operations
technician, this position will support quality execution across the
operations including manufacturing, filling, packaging and
inspection, and associated non batch specific activities in for the
Plainville manufacturing facility. Additionally, quality will
provide guidance and expertise for implementation of practical
process improvements and continuous improvement initiatives.What
will you do?
- Perform daily quality assessments of facility, personnel, and
documentation both classified and non-classified areas to uncover
errors or deficiencies and assure quality and compliance as the
need arises by site procedures and cGMPs.
- Daily interaction with employees to assist with
troubleshooting, documentation corrections/notes, and
- Develops quality environment by aiding personnel in
understanding application of policies and controls.
- Participates in rapid response of adverse events, provides
quality guidance for deviation events and proliferate
- Performs quality review and approval of procedures, training
documents, deviations, CAPAs and change control and forms minor to
- Participates as the quality assurance representative in Root
Cause Analysis to support deviation investigations of moderate to
- Performs quality batch record and documentation review.
- Aids in identification of continuous improvement opportunities;
Participates in practical process improvement initiatives.How will
you get here?Education
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in technology, engineering or
microbiology, or related field preferred.
- Equivalent combinations of education, training, and other
relevant work experience accepted.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.Experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience with previous experience in
Quality Assurance or Quality control or Operations/Manufacturing or
other pharmaceutical experience in regulated environments
preferred.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to collect data, analyze & troubleshoot process issues,
equipment problems along with production leadership
- Ability to troubleshoot process and equipment issues
- Self-motivated, proven ownership & responsibility.
- Ability to support team/peers
- Technical Writing experience preferred
- Primary responsibilities require consistent production floor
presence which necessitate physical fitness for prolonged standing,
walking, and repetitive bending, and aseptic and non-aseptic
gowning.Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world
healthier, cleaner and safer. Watch as our colleagues explain 5
reasons to work with us. As one global team of 90,000 colleagues,
we share a common set of values - Integrity, Intensity, Innovation
and Involvement - working together to accelerate research, solve
complex scientific challenges, drive technological innovation and
support patients in need. #StartYourStory at Thermo Fisher
Scientific, where diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives
are valued.Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.comThermo Fisher
Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran
status, disability or any other legally protected
status.Accessibility/Disability AccessJob Seekers with a
Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service
for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application
process. For example, this may include individuals requiring
assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive
impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or
assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility
assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please
submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include
your contact information and specific details about your required
accommodation to support you during the job application process.
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with
disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation
in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes,
such as not being able to get into the career website, following up
on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues
will not receive a response.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Providence , Quality Assurance Technician, Professions , Plainville, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!