Senior Electrical Engineer
Company: Eastridge Workforce Solutions
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Order Type : Direct Hire
Eastridge Workforce Solutions is looking for a Senior Electrical
Engineer that helps to execute and guide electrical design and
specification activities through all phases of the product
development process from initial design to final manufacturing
transfer for a medical device manufacturing client based in
Providence, RI and Plymouth, MN.
Reporting to the Director of Embedded Hardware, he/she stays
abreast of current methods and trends in electrical engineering and
electronics design within the consumer and medical industries. The
right candidate will also provide robust, cost-effective electrical
engineering solutions for medical products as part of our client's
product development staff in support of clients in the U.S. and
abroad. Candidates should have an ability to act as a technical
lead for the discipline on small to mid-sized programs.
Professional development and mentoring of junior staff is a
secondary aspect of the role.
- Broad range of electrical engineering including experience in
digital and analog circuit design, simulation, schematic capture,
PCB layout, prototyping and debug.
- Significant experience with Altium schematic capture and layout
is highly preferred
- Embedded system integration, test, and debug on a variety of
hardware platforms including ARM based MCUs, computer on modules
(COM), SBCs, and high-end MPU based designs.
- Development of wireless platforms (BLE, Wi-Fi, LTE)
- Research, development, and testing of electrical hardware in
support of numerous medical device and diagnostic programs for use
in both lab and patient environments. Technologies include, but are
not limited to, optics, motion control, sensors, thermal control
(TEC, resistive heaters, PID control), liquid management, etc.
- Basic technical project management skills, including task
estimation specific to electrical engineering, in support of our
client's program management.
- Ability to lead the discipline on small to mid-sized
cross-functional teams, including regular client-facing
responsibilities and representation of discipline needs at the team
- Author and contribute to technical documentation including test
protocols/reports, engineering studies, design documentation.
Contribute to risk management documentation in support of design
- External communication includes OEM factories, suppliers, and
clients at a technical level
- Mentor engineers in electronics and medical product design
- Contribute to Embedded Hardware team initiatives in support of
efficiency improvements. This may include SOP updates to
standardize the product design process
- Familiarity with medical device, diagnostic, and EMC standards
- An effective leader holding a BSEE or related degree coupled
with 8+ years of electrical engineering experience, with some
exposure to the medical device/equipment industry.
- Possess a solid background in the design, manufacturing and
sourcing of electrical components. The ability to prototype,
simulate, debug, and test circuits is required.
- Our fast-paced environment demands the ability to work within
multiple cross-functional project teams on a variety of medical
device and diagnostic programs.
- Successful communication skills, business acumen, and assertive
- Strong time management skills and the flexibility to multi-task
and perform a wide range of activities to meet client
Eastridge, an employee owned company (ESOP), and a leader in the
workforce solutions industry offers fully integrated workforce
recruitment and management programs delivered through the Eastridge
Cloud technology platform. Clients appreciate the blend of high
touch-service and our intuitive technology, as well as the ability
to service all of North America, EMEA, and APAC. Employees are
highly engaged with a contagious culture and a well-respected
leadership team. Eastridge Workforce Solutions is an equal
opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to
creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Pay Rate : 0.00
Keywords: Eastridge Workforce Solutions, Providence , Senior Electrical Engineer, Professions , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!