Health Data Analyst
Company: Rhode Island Quality Institute
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Are you seeking an innovative opportunity to make a difference
while delivering high-integrity, high-value clinical and
operational data to support health and health care? At RIQI, our
staff is committed to improving health and healthcare in the RI
Community by providing and protecting trusted data and information.
Consider joining our dynamic team today!WHAT WE DO:The Rhode Island
Quality Institute operates Rhode Island's Health Information
Exchange (HIE) and is the state-designated Regional Health
Information Organization (RHIO). We are a center for collaborative
innovation that enables the best healthcare in Rhode Island making
available trusted data and information. With a wide array of
services available, we facilitate improvements in health and
healthcare through initiatives that support care coordination,
reduce medical errors and waste, advance quality measurement, and
engage patients and families in their care.We have proudly been
recognized as a Best Place to Work in RI and foster a culture that
embraces our core values of Transparency, Innovation, Reliability,
Accountability, and Making a Difference. RIQI BENEFITS & PERKS:
- Work from home opportunity; flexible work schedule
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off, Sick Time, and Holidays
- 401(k) Plan with Employer Matching
- Life Insurance and Disability coverage
- Employee Assistance Plan
- And more!WHAT YOU WILL DO:Reporting to the Senior Manager, Data
& Product Support, you will play a key role in transforming Rhode
Island Quality Institute's healthcare data into valuable datasets,
delivering information to key organizations within our local,
state, and national healthcare ecosystem. Working with community
partners including hospitals, government organizations, and
academic institutions, this position supports data-driven,
high-quality healthcare in our community. By developing analytic
plans to match client requests, as well as scripting and executing
safe database queries and performing analyses using statistical or
general programming languages, you will deliver high-integrity and
high-value data to support health and health care. This position
also conducts internal data projects, such as data quality
assurance, validation of products and deliverables, as well as
assisting in maintaining data pipelines and clinical data products.
In this role, you will work safely, diligently, and collaboratively
to produce accurate and reliable data with the mission of improving
our healthcare system through the use of trusted
- Generates reports and datasets for healthcare organizations and
- Analyzes systems with a technical mindset and ensures optimal
use of data assets.
- Investigates data quality problems, conducts root-cause
analysis, corrects errors, develops process improvement processes,
and evaluates impact of improvements for addressing clinical and
public health challenges.
- Monitors the quality and standardization of the company's data,
reports on results, and recommends corrective action plans and
alternative methods for administration.
- Assists with creating controls to preserve the integrity of the
information being reported.
- Works within a multi-disciplinary team to investigate patterns
or trends collaboratively.
- Works with internal and external stakeholders on addressing
data anomalies and requests for information.
- Works with vendors for evaluation of data reporting
enhancements to meet company and healthcare community needs.
- Documents processes related to data analysis, quality, and
- Performs other related duties and special projects as
- A BA/BS degree in a STEM+C field of study.
- Two+ years relevant experience in business or health data
management, data analytics, or data stewardship.
- Experience with creating and managing data sets to support
HEDIS (Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set)
- Experience with SQL and relational database management
- Experience with statistical or general programming languages
(such as R, Julia, Python).
- Operating system administration skills, including advanced
Windows and basic Linux skills.
- Experience with securely managing sensitive data and a
foundational knowledge of HIPAA security and privacy rules.
- Experience working with healthcare data (e.g., EHR and claims)
and relevant data models (e.g., OMOP).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including
translating technical language for clients.
- Strong problem-solving skills, working with complex data and
resolving ambiguous issues. Desired Qualifications
- Experience on research projects, manuscript development, and
federal grant-led initiatives.
- Proven ability to improve and execute large and computationally
intensive SQL queries.
- Experience in documenting codebase and system operation (e.g.,
- Experience with version control systems (e.g., Git).
- Knowledge of IBI WebFOCUS, Power BI, or similar business
intelligence platform for reporting.
- Experience with developing test scripts, performing user
testing, and foreseeing potential edge cases.
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills including conditional
statements, complex/nested formulas, pivot tables, lookups,
filtering, arrays, and knowledge of VBA.
- Proven record of tracking of information with metrics and Key
Performance Indicators (KPIs).RIQI is an equal opportunity employer
that values diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Keywords: Rhode Island Quality Institute, Providence , Health Data Analyst, Professions , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!