Company: Global Technical Talent
Posted on: July 10, 2018
Job DescriptionPrimary Function
The Clinical Analyst is the primary application support and contact for specific Clinical Systems as assigned. The incumbent will work closely with other analysts, business contacts, vendors, and stakeholders to coordinate changes in system configuration, workflow design and improve data quality. Specifications
Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in a clinical or computer related field, with two to four years of clinical experience and/or IT setting in a health care environment.
Key competencies are as follows:
- Demonstrate proficiency in project coordination skills
- Demonstrate proficiency in workflow development
- Collaborate and build relationships across team
- Work with key stakeholders to plan, build and test system configurations with minimal guidance
- Demonstrate intermediate technical competency where applicable
- Comfortable with a structured query language and Microsoft platforms and Office productivity tools
- Document all design, build, testing activities following defined templates
- Participate in managing projects/initiatives with some supervision
- Decision making that frequently impacts entire work group and occasionally entire project/team
- Provide input and assist with implementation of standards/policies and procedures to support departmental objectives
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal skills required
- Consistently demonstrate a positive, proactive and self-directed approach
- Flexibility to allow for a quick and positive response to shifting demands
- Knowledge of healthcare terminology strongly preferred Major Clinical Systems supported by the Analyst include, but are not limited to:
- Epic Ambulatory EHR, Cerner Millennium applications: SurgiNet, FirstNet, PowerNote / Dynamic Documentation, CPOE, PathNet, RadNet, PharmNet, and Core, McKesson Pacs, McKesson Horizon Home Care.
- Must be Epic and/or Cerner Certified or Proficient, or have the ability to obtain Certification/Proficiency within a specified time frame established by Management. Application of Knowledge and Skill
- Understand and assist ambulatory and/or inpatient based users with formal definition of application requirements, specifications and workflows to best meet organizational needs
- Analyze operations as they relate to application build decisions, potential system enhancements, and new releases
- Perform in-depth analysis of workflows, data collection, report details, and other technical issues associated with software
- In unison with users, test and install the capabilities and functionality of new (releases) and existing application software where and when appropriate for the benefit of the organization
- Develops customized software, reports, queries, downloads as needed to meet users' business needs.
- Working with other Analysts to coordinate software updates and changes following established change control processes and procedures
- Troubleshoot issues and effectively manage through to resolution
- Serves as liaison between the IS department and the end user community, being the key contact for assigned departments
- Works with Application Trainers and participates in end user training events when required
- Administers, monitors and maintains a high degree of system and application security and patient privacy.
- Prepares written documentation, including operational, workflows, technical and user information to use in conjunction with the applications.
- Develops an understanding of other applications to the degree of system and application security and patient privacy.
- Coordinates projects as assigned.
- Assists in the professional development of other IS staff
- Performs other duties as assigned Planning, Productivity and Decision Making
- Effectively prioritizes own work in order to complete job responsibilities. Displays ability to adjust priorities based upon understanding of policies and procedures.
- Completes job responsibilities within required timeframe, according to established schedules or workflow requirements.
- Displays an ability to evaluate areas in need of improvement and provides input in order to improve current methods, services, programs or technology.
- Reviews and assesses information before making decisions and solving problems.
- Uses proper judgment and knowledge of established practices and procedures when addressing problems or issues. Customer Service
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers, gaining their trust and respect.
- Anticipates customer needs and proactively addresses them.
- Understands the customer's business and the importance to the organizations mission.
- Is dedicated to meeting and exceeding the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers.
- Follows the established procedures and effectively uses tools to provide high level support to customers. Teamwork
- Demonstrates an ability to work well with employees at all levels across the Client.
- Contributes information, ideas and opinions in a group setting.
- Volunteers for team assignments or group problem solving
- Represents own ideas and solutions while acknowledging and/or accepting ideas and solutions of others. Communications
- Written communication is clear, concise and professional as well as appropriate to the recipient.
- Verbal communication is clear, professional in tone, non-threatening and appropriate to the recipient.
- Identifies which type of communication is appropriate under different circumstances.
- Is attentive, actively listens and can accurately relay information. Personal Development
- Maintains professional growth and development.
- Participates in taskforces and committees.
- Attends seminars, workshops and conferences as appropriate. Leadership
- Provides input and assistance in the training and development of employees. Department Standards
- Effectively plans and schedules time off. Attendance:
- Number of days absent due to unscheduled PTO: _____
- Number of days tardy: _____ Appearance:
- Exhibits acceptable personal neatness and hygiene.
- Dresses in accordance with CNE policy. CNE-Wide Standards
- Client Values Accountability
- Set clear expectations and provide timely feedback and follow-through
- Do what you say you're going to do- and be fair about it
- Take ownership of your responsibilities
- Uses AIDET, Teach back and A+ Service Recovery (Every Person, Every Time) in all customer / coworker interactions
- Acts to protect patient privacy Caring
- Acknowledge and respond to the needs and challenges of every person
- Create an environment that encourages respect and appreciation
- Offer support, information and hope
- Polite, respectful and professional in every interaction with customers and coworkers Teamwork
- Listen and value each person's voice
- Ask ?how can I help?”
- Support the work of each team and each team member
- Professional and respectful in use of voice mail, email and all other means of communicationCompany DescriptionCompany Details:Global Technical Talent is owned by Precocity LLC, a subsidiary of Chenega Corporation. GTT has been a leader in the staffing industry for over 18 years and is one of the largest staffing firms in the New England region. We are known for our Fortune 500 clientele and cutting-edge technology-driven recruiting infrastructure. GTT has a diverse family that values each individual contribution, and together we make a team that's bigger than ourselves. "Who We Are" meets "What We Do" to make us into a productive and accomplished force dedicated to improving ourselves and in return, our whole team. Our clients and partners are among the most successful and innovative organizations in the world. In fact, our top clients are Fortune 1000 banking, insurance and financial services firms, some of the nation's largest healthcare and retail companies, and prestigious educational institutions in the Ivy League tier. We believe that there is always a new opportunity for success!
Keywords: Global Technical Talent, Providence, Clinical Analyst, Professions, Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!