Company: Centerline Communications
Posted on: May 17, 2019
Centerline Communications LLCLevel ExperiencedJob Location
Providence, RI - Providence, RIPosition Type Full TimeEducation
Level High SchoolTravel Percentage Road WarriorJob Shift DayJob
Category Skilled Labor - TradesCompany Overview Who We Are
Centerline Communications works with all the major wireless
operators and equipment manufacturers in the U.S. and leaders in
the industry ecosystem. It is a full-service operation,
specializing in the development, construction and maintenance of
wireless telecommunications networks. Centerline Communications
also offers a complete package of facilities services, including
HVAC, Generator, mechanical and electrical maintenance for
commercial businesses. Centerline's success is built on a
foundation of highly experienced management and staff who embrace
responsibility and an unwavering commitment to clients. In less
than a decade, the company has grown from 5 to more than 280
employees, covering over 30 states, with offices in three major
cities in the U.S.
Position Position Summary
The Generator Technician will be responsible for troubleshooting,
maintenance, and repair on select customer generators. This
includes electronic, mechanical and electrical components of these
systems. The position is part of our Managed Services Division and
works with our Service Team who are responsible for planning,
directing, and coordinating all work orders and preventative
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on
select customer generators. Includes electronic, mechanical and
electrical components of these systems.
- Diagnose, repair, adjust, and modify all components of the
generator, engine and switch gear
- Travel to job sites in service area, and work with dispatch to
ensure schedule is maintained and delays are properly communicated
- Candidate must be well versed in basic maintenance safety
principles, lockout/tag out procedures, and personal protective
equipment usage. Observe and follow all safety rules and
procedures, including wearing required personal safety
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in
- Document all installed equipment upon arrival: make, model,
serial number, type of fuel, necessary test measurements, and
pictures as necessary.
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain any replacement parts,
calibrate system to manufacturer's recommendations.
- Leverage appropriate communication strategies (email, phone
call, etc.) to be highly effective at managing customer
expectations on a professional and proactive basis. Must also
leverage this same skill set to work through customer
conflict/concerns. Avoid foreseeable customer issues through
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time
with or without notice.
- Ability to work independently in a timely manner, making sure
job is done correctly the first time.
- Must have excellent organizational skills.
- Good oral and written communications skills.
- Observe all company procedures and safety rules
- Work as part of our team to ensure customer satisfaction
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and
hear. The employee must regularly lift up to 51 pounds, be able to
push, pull, carry or maneuver heavier items (with additional
manpower or appropriate devices), carry and climb ladders, work
from heights, work in small crawl spaces, balance, stoop, kneel.
The employee is expected to work in all weather conditions, both in
extreme cold and heat. The employee may drive for extended periods
of time, including all weather and light conditions.
- Five to seven years' experience in installation, maintenance,
and troubleshooting and correcting diverse Generator service
- High School Diploma or Associates Degree
- Generator Certifications preferred
- Microsoft Office experience (specifically Word and Excel)
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time non-exempt position. Days of work are Monday
through Friday with some irregular hours. Some weekends and
evenings required, on a rotating basis, to service emergency needs
of our customers. Occasional overnights.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Travel to sites is required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and be insurable under
the company insurance policy.
Keywords: Centerline Communications, Providence , Generator Technician, Professions , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!