Associate Analyst, Gas Field Operations
Company: National Grid USA
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Every day we deliver safe and secure energy to homes, communities,
and businesses. We are there when people need us the most. We
connect people to the energy they need for the lives they live. The
pace of change in society and our industry is accelerating and our
expertise and track record puts us in an unparalleled position to
shape the sustainable future of our industry.
To be successful we must anticipate the needs of our customers,
reducing the cost of energy delivery today and pioneering the
flexible energy systems of tomorrow. This requires us to deliver on
our promises and always look for new opportunities to grow, both
ourselves and our business.Job Purpose
Work across the Gas Pipeline Safety & Compliance function,
providing key scheduling and analytics support services in order
for Gas Operations and Learning & Development to make informed
decisions, deliver on client requests, implement best practice and
ensure compliance with regulatory and corporate requirements for
We are hirig an Associate Analyst, Gas Field Operations. Location
Melville, NYKey Accountabilities
- Independently schedule, track and analyze Gas Operations
Operator Qualification testing and compliance information in order
to identify needs for client departments, forecast Operator
Qualification testing requirements and monitor performance and
- Prepare monthly Aging Reports for distribution to Gas
- Analyze Task to Title Matrix in order that all stakeholders are
fully informed of Operator Qualification testing requirements, and
all statistics are documented.
- Support Gas Operations as they plan and organize Operator
Qualification testing schedules and resources and make appropriate
arrangements to ensure that Operator Qualification testing is
carried out efficiently and in line with relevant policies,
processes and deadlines.
- Update, maintain and provide information and reports on
Operator Qualification testing data in order to ensure information
is accessible and kept up to date for the business.
- Build upon technical skills and knowledge of the business in
order to continually grow your personal contribution to the
- Manage the administration for the Operator Qualification
testing program which includes monitoring course completions and
qualifications, coordination of meetings with clients in order to
provide an effective administration service.
- Coordinate and manage vendor relationship (i.e. oversight of
Operator Qualification test delivery, invoice payments) to ensure
Operator Qualification tests are scheduled effectively.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key
- Challenge existing ways of working and continuously seek ways
to do things better in order to drive greater efficiencies within
the Gas Pipeline Safety and Compliance organization.
- Manage the day to day relationship with Gas Operations to
ensure adherence to standards and best outcomes for National
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration or related area
and/or 3 years of equivalent work experience.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Proven ability to develop and maintain spreadsheets and
databases, often complex in nature.
- Ability to research, compile, coordinate, schedule, review,
document, organize, verify data, conduct independent analysis and
- Valid drivers license required with a safe driving history.
This position has a career path which provides for advancement
opportunities within and across bands as you develop and evolve in
the position; gaining experience, expertise and acquiring and
applying technical skills. Internal candidates will be assessed and
provided offers against the minimum qualifications of this role and
their individual experience.
National Grid is an equal opportunity employer that values a broad
diversity of talent, knowledge, experience and expertise. We foster
a culture of inclusion that drives employee engagement to deliver
superior performance to the communities we serve. National Grid is
proud to be an affirmative action employer. We encourage
minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and protected
veterans to join the National Grid team.
Keywords: National Grid USA, Providence , Associate Analyst, Gas Field Operations, Professions , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!