Associate Medicare Service Representative
Company: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island
Posted on: August 16, 2019
Friday, June 21, 2019
At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, providing
the highest level of service and solutions to our Customers is our
focus, after all, "it's is what we live for." Our Medicare
Concierge team is
known for delivering "white glove" service to our members,
during both the everyday moments and the ones that matter the most.
Associate Medicare Solutions Advocate is a key role in the delivery
Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island's (BCBSRI) Medicare Strategy,
on achieving the highest level of satisfaction among members
participating in a
BCBSRI Medicare Plan. This role requires excellent interpersonal
an aptitude for understanding complex service experiences and
the ability to empathize, advocate for, and emotionally connect to
and realities of the people we serve.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as an advocate for Medicare members by responding to the
members' inquiries regarding benefits, products, services,
resources, network and policies.
- Identify problems affecting members and providers; notify the
appropriate business area(s) to resolve issues and track
- Support the organization's retention strategy by providing
exceptional service to members and providers by building and
maintaining top-notch relationships in every interaction.
- Ensure compliance in all aspects of activities with internal
policies as well as all regulatory agencies.
- Identify cross-sell opportunities for ancillary products such
as dental insurance
- Maintain records of customer interactions, process changes to
member accounts, record inquiry details and actions, and refer
unresolved issues to appropriate internal departments for
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High school degree
- Up to two years experience in a customer service
- Must successfully pass Customer Service Assessments
- Must successfully pass Medicare Certification
Preferred Education, Additional Qualifications and Experience:
- Associate's degree
- Ability to work in a fast paced call center
- Knowledge of company products
- Knowledge of health insurance or managed care operations
- Bi-lingual skills
- Knowledge or experience in working with customers
Required Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Flexibility to work weekends and shifts that are in the 8 a.m.
to 8 p.m. time frame
- Ability to gather and retrieve information in an organized
- Excellent communication and customer relationship skills
- Problem solving skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Empathy and patience
- Ability to solve problems
- Computer navigation skills
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Time management skills
- Ability to collect and organize data
- Ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to meet established time and quality standards
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
At Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island (BCBSRI), diversity and
inclusion are central to our core values and strengthen our ability
to meet the challenges of today's healthcare industry. BCBSRI is an
equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. We provide equal
opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age,
national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation,
genetic information and gender identity or expression.
The law requires an employer to post notices describing the Federal
laws prohibiting job discrimination based on race, color, sex,
national origin, religion, age, equal pay, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, and genetic information and gender
identity or expression. Please visit
view the "EEO is the Law" poster.
Keywords: Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Rhode Island, Providence , Associate Medicare Service Representative, Sales , Providence, Rhode Island
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!